Risk Assessment – Level 2
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment. It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
- Understand why risk assessments are necessary for maintaining and improving standards of health and safety at work
- State the main causes of work-related fatalities,injuries and ill health
- Moral, legal & economic reasons forpreventing accidents and ill health at work
- Define key terms associated with risk assessmentin the context of health and safety at work
- Outline the role of risk assessment in accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Outline the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Describe a simple process for undertaking a riskassessment
- Give examples of occupational, environmental andhuman factors that can affect the level of risk fromhazards at work
- Outline a method that can be used to prioritize risks
- Outline the requirements for providing informationabout, and records on, the results of a riskassessment
How the qualification is assessed
This qualification is assessed through a 20-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 30 minutes. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 13 out of 20.
Click here to download the brochure