Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace – Level 1
The Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace is a qualification intended forlearners working in any environment. It is also suitable for those who are returning to work or starting work for the first time. Learners gaining this qualification will know that Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, including contractors, visitors and suppliers.
- Importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- Legal responsibilities of employers and employees with respect to health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
- Hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Hazardous substances
- Workplace conditions that can affect health and safety.
- Requirements for workplace procedures.
- The purpose of first-aid provision
How the qualification is assessed
This qualification is assessed through a 15 – question multiple – choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 30minutes. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
Click here to download the brochure